Wednesday 29 May 2024

How I Made 'We Don't Talk About Rohan'

 The idea started as just a personal animatic for myself. When Russia invaded Ukraine, I saw a post from a good friend saying "Anything you want to do, do it now." So at that moment I published the animatic to Vimeo. Then someone following my Vimeo account liked the video, so I decided to animate it.

The process took most of the year, and I finally finished it in September 2022, a day after Episode 97 of 'Lupin III Part 2' started streaming on HiDive. It was an exhaustic process, mainly because of the detail in the characters' clothes. By the end I felt like Jefferson Smith after the filibuster. It was a lot of work for a film that was just over a minute long.


The film was inspired by Episode 89 of Lupin III Part 2, and also on a personal experience I had with listening to music, in particular the final aria of 'The Valkyrie'.

No comments:

Post a Comment