Friday 31 May 2024

On Tumblr Confession Blogs

I'm very picky about Tumblr confession blogs. They have to have specific requirements. The subject can't be too broad (like, say, Disney). It can't be confined to one setting and has to mean something personally. This is why I have only contributed to confession blogs on two subjects: Lupin III and Red Dwarf

Lupin III is a long-running anime franchise with many different TV series and interpretations of the characters. It is an adventure series that has numerous settings, has inspired moments of my life, and has consistently good art direction, great characters and is inspired in some episodes by the real world. I have had many different ideas about which opinions to give.

Red Dwarf ran for 32 years, has a good cast of characters, has a good theme song, makes fun of celebrity and politics, and has inspired some strong opinions from me.

But the thing is, I'm not the exact sort of person who would submit opinions to a confession blog on Tumblr. I'm 31 years old, half-British and jobless. This sort of blog is usually run by American twenty-somethings in college, usually female-presenting or assigned female at birth, who have a lot of time on their hands, and forget about these blogs they run as soon as they graduate and get jobs, which means you have to think quickly but carefully about what you want to say and dive in there as soon as possible.

Part of the enjoyment was that I didn't provide pictures for them. The people running the blogs had to find appropriate ones themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment